General terms and conditions of sale and entry.
General terms and conditions of sale and entry
- By purchasing a ticket through People, Plates & Places or an authorised agent for an event (the Event) at any venue (the Venue), you acknowledge and agree to comply with these terms and conditions.
- Tickets are sold by People, Plates & Places, which is the trading name of Theach Pty Ltd (ABN 91 501 916 172), which is hosting, managing, producing, promoting, presenting or otherwise providing the Event for which the ticket is sold or issued (Host).
- ‘You’, ‘your’ and ‘ticket holder’ refers to the customer. ‘We’, ‘us’, ‘our’, ‘People, Plates & Places’, ‘Host’, ‘Event Organiser’ and ‘Theach Pty Ltd’ refers to Theach Pty Ltd trading as People, Plates & Places, its employees, contractors, volunteers and authorised persons. This agreement means these terms and conditions and any other conditions specified by us on our website and booking forms.
- Tickets are only valid if purchased through People, Plates & Places (including our website) or an authorised agent.
- Ticket sales may be limited to a specified number of tickets. People, Plates & Places may cancel or refuse to accept orders which it believes are placed in excess of any such limits.
- Once confirmed, your ticket and any transaction fee will not be refunded or exchanged, except as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law, as set out in the Commonwealth Competition and Consumer Act 2010). People, Plates & Places events are all weather events. No refunds will be made if you choose not to attend the Event due to inclement weather.
- Bookings are subject to availability.
- There will be no refund on any unused portion of tickets if you or your invitees are asked or forced to leave or if you decide not to attend any part of the Event.
- We reserve the right to charge a fee for the replacement of lost, destroyed or stolen tickets.
Pricing and payment
- All prices quoted are in Australian dollars.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- A transaction fee may apply to your ticket purchase. You will be notified of the applicable fee prior to purchase.
- You warrant that you have the authority to make payment for your ticket and that you own/hold or have express permission of the owner/holder of the credit card or other payment facility used to purchase the ticket.
Chefs, featured producers and venue
- We reserve the right to add, withdraw or substitute chefs and featured producers and/or vary advertised programs, prices and the maximum number of tickets.
- We reserve the right to cancel or postpone the Event for any reason. In the event of cancellation in advance of the Event, we will provide a refund.
- To the extent permitted by law, People, Plates & Places is not liable to refund to you any amount beyond the face value of the ticket plus any transaction fee.
- We reserve the right at any time to change the venue of the Event. In the event of a change in venue we will publish details on our website.
- The right of admission to the Event and the Venue is reserved and is subject to the Event Organiser.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted.
- Animals are not permitted, except in accordance with legislation.
No scalping or other unauthorised sales
- Tickets must not be resold or offered for resale at a premium or packaged, resold or otherwise offered for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes (including competitions) without the prior written consent of People, Plates & Places. If a ticket is sold or used in contravention of this condition, the ticket may be seized or cancelled without refund or exchange and the bearer of the ticket may be denied admission.
Voluntary assumption of risk
- You attend the Event at your own risk.
- You understand that attendance at the Event may carry with it certain dangers, including the risk of injury and damage to you or your property.
- By attending the Event, you accept the risk of damage and loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) howsoever arising (including by negligence) at the Event. This includes damage or loss caused by the acts or omissions of other ticket holders, visitors, guests, and the employees and agents of People, Plates & Places.
- You acknowledge that the nature of the Event, including but not limited to the location of the Event at a working farm and the presence of farm and other animals, involves a degree of personal risk. You acknowledge that your decision to attend is made in light of consideration of this information and you accept that you are aware of the personal risks attendant upon such an event.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not accept liability of any nature for the acts, omissions or default of those providing services in connection with the Event or any liability for any injury, damage, loss, delay or additional expenses which are incurred at or in association with the Event. Where legislation implies any condition or warranty which cannot be excluded or modified, that condition or warranty will be deemed to be included in this agreement. However, our liability for any breach of such condition or warranty will be limited, at our option, to the resupply of the services or the cost of having the services supplied again. In no event will we be liable for any indirect, consequential, exemplary or special damages.
- Admission is at the ticket holder’s own risk. You acknowledge that neither we nor the Venue will be responsible for any loss or damage to property (including personal property such as bags, money or other personal items) brought to or purchased at the Event by you or your invitees.
- You will be liable for any loss or damage caused at the Event by you or your invitees.
- You must ensure that you and your invitees act in an orderly manner when attending the Event. We may refuse entry or evict you or any of your invitees if you or they are behaving in a disorderly, offensive, threatening or inappropriate manner towards any person.
Alcohol, smoking and illegal substances
- The Event is licensed. Any ticket holder wishing to consume alcohol must have photographic ID. We reserve the right to evict patrons who disobey or break responsible service of alcohol legislation and the law.
- Anyone found supplying or consuming illicit drugs will be evicted from the premises and face criminal charges.
- Certain areas within the Venue may be smoke free zones. Smoking will not be permitted within the confines of these specific areas at the Venue.
Community and the environment
- We care for the environment and community. Please be respectful and place any litter in the bins provided around the Venue. Be waste and water wise, thank you.
- Please respect the Venue’s town and neighbours and do not create excessive noise or litter while traveling to and from the Event.
- Footwear must be worn at all times on the site.
- Roadways and designated trails must be kept clear. Public road rules apply, obey all traffic signs.
- These Terms and Conditions may be varied at any time. Any variations become effective on the day immediately after their publication on the People, Plates & Places website and apply to any purchases made after that date.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it will be disregarded to the extent of its invalidity and the remainder of these terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.
People, Plates & Places
PO Box 69
Montville, QLD 4560
Monday, 16 October 2017